Subscribe to my blog and receive updated feeds every time I post. Add to Google Reader or Homepage
click Google button to add feed to Google Homepage or Reader.

Search Mind on My Money or www

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm watching the Real World Brooklyn, and it still amazes me that so many people are still closed minded. Then I forgot that not everyone in this world is as open minded as me and most of my friends are. There are several reasons why people are closed minded.

1. Friends. 
Everyone thinks for themselves, but the majority of people in our society choose not too. 

2. Celebrities. 
Again people that can think for themselves but choose not too. 

3. Society. 
People choose to follow others. That's why there are so few leaders but many followers.

4. Religion. 
People following people again. Many people think that religion is about God but when you really get beneath the surface it's because they're follow the person who talks about God. I will put money on the table that most of the people that attend religious gatherings don't read the religious texts of their following. 

5. Family.
This is the worst influence you can have when it comes to molding a young mind. Your parents are the ones who teach you everything about life, and the way you're taught when your a kid really sticks to you. For example, the Nazi's were a group of people who believed in superiority of the Aryan Race. You would think since the fall of the third reich that the belief in Nazism would have been dead and gone because of the end of World War 2. Yet there are still many groups in America, Yes America, the country that fought Nazi's, has many white supremacists. Why? Because of children who brought up thinking that being a Nazi is okay.

No comments: