Subscribe to my blog and receive updated feeds every time I post. Add to Google Reader or Homepage
click Google button to add feed to Google Homepage or Reader.

Search Mind on My Money or www

Friday, January 16, 2009

Excuses

I remember not too long ago thinking that I want to get out of my rut and get rich. I'll be honest it is taking some time, but I'm going to get there because there is no other option. I went on to read many books on the subject of wealth and entrepreneurs. I realized that all rich entrepreneurs that I look up to, such as Russell Simmons and Donald Trump, never make excuses about anything in their lives.

Many people want to blame the media, the government, their background, and their upbringing for their financial situation. After reading about several other wealthy entrepreneurs, I know that all of the things I just mentioned are excuses.

I know that Donald Trump early on in his career didn't really know how to manage his money that well, and he went into bankruptcy. Did he use that as an excuse to quit? No because he, like majority of wealthy people in our society, knows that he has control over his situations.

Just like Russell Simmons had the odds stacked against him when he wanted to start his own hip hop label. At the time no one wanted to touch the idea because the majority of the music industry thought hip hop was a fad that wouldn't last. Yet, Russell persisted in starting his own label while in college with his roommate Rick Rubin. To this day Def Jam is still one of the biggest hip hop labels in the music industry. All because Russell Simmons knew that he had control of his situation.

Now it's hard for me to feel bad for anyone complaining about their situation. Because if a kid from Southside Jamaica Queens can make it to earn himself a new worth of over $150 million then there really is no excuse for anyone to bitch about their place in life. 50 Cent had it way worse than me, and it makes me realize that if he can do it then so can I. That means you can too. So if you find yourself complaining just shut up and do something about it.

No comments: